Pioneers of Progress Nominations
Purpose of the Pioneers of Progress Awards
Jump to the Online Nomination Form
The Days of ’47 Pioneers of Progress Awards annually salute six or seven individuals who embody the best of Utah’s pioneering heritage and spirit. These awards honor deserving Utahns whose lives and achievements commemorate such virtuous principles of pioneering as faith, courage, industry, integrity and sacrifice; and whose work benefits present and future generations.
Any current Utah resident, regardless of age, can be nominated for a Pioneer of Progress Award. Nomination Procedures:
- An individual or group may nominate more than one individual for any category.
- Individuals may nominate themselves.
- Pertinent supplemental information, not to exceed four (4) pages may be attached to the nomination form.
- Judges may request additional information from nominees, nominators or nominating organizations.
- The judges’ decision is final. Nomination forms, including all supplemental materials, become the property of The Days of ’47 and will not be returned.
- Nominees agree to the use of their names and likeness in publicity connected with The Days of ’47 Pioneers of Progress Awards, including videos, press releases and audio reproductions.
Nominations will be judged on the following criteria:
- Service—The dedication displayed by the nominee in providing service that betters individuals and communities.
- Innovation and Industry—The ways in which the nominee has demonstrated vision and hard work in personal and professional roles.
- Achievements—How the nominee has produced results that reflect the spirit of Utah’s pioneers.
NOMINATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY TUESDAY, JANUARY 31, 2012.
Complete the online form below or download the nomination form document and send it to:
11274 S. Eagle View Drive
Sandy, UT 84092
Online 2012 Pioneers of Progress Nomination Form