THURSDAY, July 24th, 2014
The Days of ’47 Parade
This fun-filled parade is one of the oldest in the United States. Please note that we will be parading on Thursday, July 24th in 2014.
When: 9 a.m.
Where: Route starts at South Temple and State Street running east to 200 East, turns south to 900 South, then turns east to Liberty Park at 600 East in Salt Lake City
Presented by KSL 5 and Workers Compensation Fund
Televised by KSL 5
Colorful floats, bands, horses, clowns and other entries thrill thousands of spectators each year. Many families camp out on the streets the night before to ensure a great seat to catch it all the following morning. The Parade starts at State Street and South Temple.
We encourage you to join us for a wonderful morning of excitement and colorful entries in our much-loved Parade. During early June, check back to view a list of the parade entries in the order they will appear.
Remember that businesses are in operation and residents live along the Parade route. Please respect their property! Let them get some sleep if you’re camping overnight nearby and be sure to pick up trash and remove all your camping gear (like that sofa or mattress that is headed to the dump!) on Thursday morning before you leave the area.
Here’s another grand idea for you! After the Parade, mosey on over to the EnergySolutions Arena where our Rodeo will be getting underway. This is a return of the decades-old tradition of the Rodeo and Parade in downtown Salt Lake. Don’t miss our bronco-bustin’ action!
Applications and helpful information for parade entries are attached as follows:
NOTE: These forms are the 2014 versions. Please review ALL materials and complete forms for any 2014 Parade entry requests.
1. Click here to print and complete a 2014 Fact Sheet – Float Entry application.
2. Click here to print and complete a 2014 Fact Sheet – Antique Vehicle application.
3. Click here to print and complete a 2014 Fact Sheet – Horse Entry application.
4. Click here to print and complete the 2014 KSL and Announcer information.
5. Click here to print and complete the 2014 Entry Application.
6. Click here to print and read the Parade Entry Information and Requirements materials for 2014 Parade entries. This is MUST READ material for all who wish to submit a Parade entry application.
7. Click here to print and complete the 2014 Parade Photography Release which must be submitted for all those participating in your entry.
8. Click here to print helpful information regarding float safety. Again, all float entries will find this MUST READ material for the protection of float builders and participants.
The bands participating in the Parade are invited by the Parade Committee band section leader. Please contact our Parade Co-Chairs via email for additional information regarding Parade participation by bands.
A vendor permit must be obtained for any sales or distributions along the Parade route or in the lineup area on July 24th. Failure to obtain a vendor permit and the associated badges issued by The Days of ’47 may result in civil penalties as well as confiscation of materials. To print a copy of the Vendor Permit Application with the rules and instructions, click here. Note that applications for a vendor permit are due no later than June 29, 2014.
Click here to learn more about viewing many of the floats in air-conditioned comfort at South Towne Expo Center before the Parade during our Float Preview Party on July 21 and 22. To aid you in reaching and enjoying the Parade, you might want to view the following from our prior years — the information has not changed for 2014:
For more Parade information, please contact our Parade Co-Chairs:
For an ADA accommodation, contact Kathi Izatt no less than 48 hours prior to the event at 801.257.7959.